Monday, November 26, 2007

# 21 Podcasts

I had a look at the podcast directory tools - podcast.net, podcastalley.com and Yahoo podcasts. I did find some interesting podcasts through those directories, but I think the best podcasts I have come across have been in my general searching and visiting of Internet sites at other times. Many Internet sites now have podcasts available.

The SirsiDynix Institute has some really good podcasts of library related seminars and talks. I have listened to some already during this course. One I plan to go back and listen to is -
25 Technologies in 50 minutes, a presentation by Stephen Abram (Vice President of Innovation at the SirsiDynix Institute) on the new technologies. http://www.sirsidynixinstitute.com/seminar_page.php?sid=69

I have added the SirsiDynix Institute podcasts to my Bloglines account so that I can keep up with their latest seminars.

I am also interested in ABC Radio's podcasts of shows such as The Health Report. It would be great to just listen to The Health Report via podcast as it is broadcast at a time that is not suitable for me. I have added The Health Report podcast Pod feed to my bloglines account too.
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/healthreport/default.htm

Podcasts will be very useful for me in keeping up with the latest information or talks etc that I have missed. They have great potential for use on our library website for such things as author talks and interviews, explanations of library resources, library radio show broadcasts, showcasing library events.

No comments: