Sunday, November 11, 2007

#14 Technorati

Technorati is supposed to be the leading authority on blogs and for searching content within blog posts. However I felt that I didn't have much success with it. First of all I couldn't get the video clip in the exercise to load, so I just had a look around the Technorati site myself (and found it a bit confusing). I discovered eventually that to keyword search in Blog posts, in tags, and in Blog Directory (as the exercise indicated) it was necessary to go to Advanced Search. Doing a search for Learning 2.0 did not yield much in blog posts or tags, but brought out a clear list in blog directory. Maybe I wasn't using the search process correctly. I wasn't inspired to join Technorati or claim my blog or tag the posts in my blog at this stage.

1 comment:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

I must confess...I don't like technorati very much either.

Lynette