Sunday, November 11, 2007

# 13 Tagging and Del.icio.us (a social bookmarking site)

Del.icio.us will be really great for organising bookmarks, being able to access them from any computer, and for the capability of sharing a network of useful Internet sites with other people.

After looking at the Del.icio.us site at http://del.icio.us/ I created my own account, and added toolbar buttons to my computer for easy access to my Del.icio.us listings and for easy tagging of useful Internet sites. I then tagged a number of sites that I had been using and will want to visit again in the future, as well as some for my nephew Aden.
I added a Network Badge to my blog (a little Del.icio.us link to my listings) and a list of my tags (subject headings that I had used to describe the Internet sites I listed) in a cloud formation.

When I have more time I will go back and have a look at what other people are listing and tagging. I can see that following the tag trail of another user could yield some useful sites on topics of interest as well.

The Del.icio.us facility could be well used for sharing a network of useful Internet sites with a group of colleagues, friends, or library patrons.

No comments: