Monday, November 26, 2007

# 23 Is this really the end? Or just the beginning .....

This really does now feel like the beginning of something big!! I am really happy to have reached the end of the 23 tasks and within the time frame of the course - but after this Library 2.0 learning journey so far I now feel really enthused to continue on. As soon as I attend to a few other things that I have neglected in my new found enthusiasm for blogging over the past few weeks I will start on the next series of exercises in Learning 2.1!

Learning 2.0 has been very much a learning journey with a sense of discovery and delight at having the world of web technology suddenly opened up to me. And the learning is definitely an ongoing journey, as I continue on to the next step of Learning 2.0 and beyond.
In the process of following a variety of links during all exercises in the course I have also learnt so much more about libraries and librarians around the world today. I also have lots of sites to follow up on and go back to. Because I am now thinking about the new technology I have become aware of references to it in all sorts of places that I never noticed before! I have read articles in newspapers, magazines, online, heard about it in conversations, and see symbols refering to it everywhere!!!

I had great fun with the photos, mashups and online image generators. I was really happy to learn about RSS feeds and Del.icio.us, both of which will help me enormously in keeping up with information. I also subscribed to Library Link of the Day, that I learnt about during my travels on this course, and have already had some very interesting library related sites emailed to me to peruse. Ideas for implementing Web 2.0 technology in libraries are endless.

This Library 2.0 course was, however, quite difficult to follow at times (especially in the beginning) and it is a shame to see so many participants drop out. We need to be able to give more support and encouragement to staff members who are undertaking the exercises. I also ended up doing the whole course at home because of the amount of time needed. It is also the kind of course where the more you put into it, the more you definitely get out of it.
The requirements of the exercises were not always clear and a lot of time could be wasted in trying to find out what to do. The learning process was also not linear as a textbook would be - dipping in and out of sites and following links in different directions is a whole new concept in learning in itself for some of us. Talking to other participants was always helpful.

Before I go any further I think I also need to go back over the 23 things to refresh my memory of each one and to ensure that I continue to use the new skills that I have learnt. I am looking forward to continuing to explore the world of Web 2.0 technology, especially in relation to libraries of the future. Thank you to everyone involved in the presentation of this Learning 2.0 course.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Hello Bonnie Lass,

Congratulations on reaching the end of L2.0..... now on to L2.1. I concur with the amount of time that it has taken up and realise that a lot of people have spent their "non-Library time" following the course but I hope that it has been worth it. The challenge now is to maintain the momentum and see how we can use the lessons learnt in our time in Library Land.

Congratulations once again,
Cheers, Paul.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.