Monday, October 29, 2007

#8 RSS and Newsreaders

I have been learning all about RSS and newsreaders today - I have read through and listened to information on RSS technology, created a Bloglines account, subscribed to several newsfeeds, and organised my feeds into folders (http://www.bloglines.com/public/debonnielass).
I also used the search box on Bloglines to search for feeds on various topics. Some of the library feeds looked really interesting and I will go back and have another look later.

I really like the idea of being able to keep up with information in areas that interest me - without having to remember to go to Internet sites and blogs myself to check them for new postings. I can see myself using this technology to keep abreast of innovations happening in the library world and as a way of gaining great ideas that can be implemented in my work. It helps to create a sense of being part of the whole world of libraries. We can have library patrons connected to our library blog and reading sites etc in the same way, so that they are informed of the latest books, and library resources, events, and technology.

I am about to have a go at adding a Blogroll to my blog so that my list of feeds can be shared.

No comments: